9 Ways Small Businesses Can Be Big on Google
With diligent attention to the tricks of the online business trade, smaller businesses can climb to that coveted first spot on the search page.
Sales Renewal’s insight:
With smart planning, small businesses can have a strong presence even with a limited budget. Taking advantage of online opportunities is key. Here are 9 ways to make sure your SEO efforts pay off:
- Include customer reviews and ratings to each product you sell
- Use a variety of images and/or videos for each product
- Build links to specific product pages instead of just your homepage or other high-level pages (a.k.a. deep-linking)
- Use descriptive language for your product listings, making sure to include a variety of keywords related to your products
- Encrypt your ecommerce site to signal to Google and your users that your site is trustworthy and secure
- If you have a brick and mortar store, be sure to include location-specific keywords on your site
- Claim and complete your Google My Business page.
- Make your NAP (name, address, phone number) consistent everywhere online
- Focus most of your SEO efforts on local, from building links from other local sites and making sure your on-page factors include your location (content, H1/H2 tags, title tags, etc.) to getting reviews from local review sites
Read Original Article