Quick Tip Tuesday: March Digital Marketing Advice Roundup
Each month we start our Quick Tip Tuesday series with a roundup of useful, hands-on digital marketing advice from experts in their fields. We’ve extracted the most useful information into bite-sized tips that you can start using right away. We’ve also provided links to the full articles in case you’d like to read more about the topic.
Here, then, are 5 quick tips we’re sharing this month:
1. Ever find yourself hunting around for the perfect image for your blog post? This is a list of great websites that offer free photos. Worth bookmarking!
2. How powerful is your writing? Take a look at Jon Morrow’s list of 317(!) power words that you can start using today. Of course, you don’t want to overdo it, but working in words like gullible, blinded, risky, bumbling, vulnerable, warning, devastating in the appropriate places can go a long way to punch up your blog posts.
3. When writing an email newsletter or promotion: “Cut your message in half, twice.” We like this advice for just about anything we write, from web pages to blog posts to email newsletters. Read the full story from Scent Trail Marketing.
4. Remember the “social” part of social media. Whether you’re having a conversation in person, on the phone, or through your social networks, here are 12 ways to be sure you have better conversations, including tips like:
- have a purpose
- focus on others
- follow up
Try them – it’s not rocket science, but these suggestions do work.
5. It’s fine – and important – for a business to show some personality in its social interactions, but there are some lines that shouldn’t be crossed. This list of Twitter etiquette tips from the Huffington Post offers some straightforward advice to consider. We would recommend keeping these tips in mind no matter what social channel you’re using:
- Eat it, think it, but please don’t post it
- Could a pastor discuss this at his Sunday service?
- Upload a professional profile picture
- Tag your friends with consideration
- Take your complaint offline
- It’s not all about you!
Read the full list here.
Please feel free to share these tips via the options below. And if you’ve incorporated any of these tips into your work, please share in the Comments section. Got a great tip you’d like to see in this list? Send it to us for consideration. Thanks!
Sales Renewal’s insight:
Each month we start our Quick Tip Tuesday with a roundup of useful, hands-on digital marketing advice from experts in their fields. We’ve extracted the most useful information into tips you can use right away and also provided a link to the full articles in case you’d like to learn more.
Read on for 5 quick tips we’re sharing this month.