15 Statistics That Illustrate Direct Mail’s Potential Power
15 statistics that show why direct marketing should be considered as an element of your marketing mix (complied by Compu-Mail):
- Direct mail continues to be used heavily, with a 43% share of total local retail advertising.
- Young adults, 24 years and younger, are among the most direct mail responsive.
- 92% of young shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions.
- An International Communications Research survey found that 73% of consumers actually prefer mail over other advertising methods.
- 59% of U.S. respondents and 65% of Canadian respondents agreed with the following statement, “I enjoy getting postal mail from brands about new products.”
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing.
- 70% of Americans say mail is more personal than the internet.
- Personalized print media has a more powerful presence than a personalized email, because the audience can recognize that it takes more effort to customize print media than digital.
- 76% of small businesses say their ideal marketing strategy encompasses a combination of both print and digital communication.
- 40% of consumers try new businesses after receiving direct mail.
- U.S. advertisers spend $167 per person on direct mail to earn $2, 095 worth of goods sold; a 1, 300% return.
- 98% of consumers bring in their mail the day it’s delivered.
- Of these, 72% bring it in as soon as possible.
- 77% sort through their mail immediately.
- 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference
1 minute read