The 6 Best Practices That Will Grow Your Sales in 2014
Sales Renewal clients are accustomed to hearing the term JointSourcing – a unique business model that combines pay-for-performance with expense sharing. The model means that we focus on not simply what works, but what works cost effectively. The key to growing sales through JointSourcing is a multi-pronged approach to sales and marketing.
The six key “prongs” we focus on when creating a JointSourcing plan for our clients are:
1. Website Marketing
- This includes building a website that is written with your customers and prospects in mind. (Start by Choosing the Right Domain Name.)
- Optimize your website for search engines – all the right keywords and search terms in all the right places.
- If you sell locally, in a physical location, be sure to also maintain a local presence on the web.
2. Content Marketing
- Create good-quality content (for your blog, via downloads and white papers) on a consistent basis.
- Let people know you have this great content via social networks that are appropriate for your prospects and customers. (Want some tips for building your Facebook business page?)
3. Social Media Marketing
- Grow your social network – join groups, forums; interact with customers and peers – and spread the word about your business by creating fresh content for your network. (Here’s a real life example of how it works.)
- You can also look beyond the obvious major networks – have you considered using Reddit for your business, for example?
- And of course, your customers are often your best ambassadors – use customer reviews and testimonials to your best advantage.
4. Customer Marketing
- Keep the customers you have happy and earn ongoing revenue from them with E-mail newsletters (and remember to continually test your message!)
- Loyalty programs – from multiple-purchase discounts to special membership programs – are another way to generate revenue from loyal customers.
5. Paid Marketing
- Quick to start and offering near real-time control, advertising in general and Pay-per-Click advertising specifically, can be a very effective way to get your products or services right in front of prospects who are ready to buy.
- And with the right targeting, messaging and offer, direct [paper or email] marketing is hard to beat for growing B2B or B2C businesses.
6. Strategy and Management
- No marketing program should be contemplated without benchmarks and continuous improvement built right in. That’s why businesses need to employ all of the analytical tools and best practices available in order to be continually assured their sales and marketing programs are cost effective and yield the best R.O.I. (And please don’t forget the old fashioned telephone, because Marketing ROI without Call Tracking is Like Baseball Stats that Exclude Away Games).
Will 2014 be the year your business maximizes its online sales and marketing to grow sales? Sales Renewal can help get you started. Contact us to find out how.
Sales Renewal’s insight:
Will 2014 be the year your business maximizes its online sales and marketing to grow sales? Sales Renewal can help your business with JointSourcing – a multi-pronged approach to sales and marketing that focuses on the following 6 programs.